McCall Summer Field Camp
Seventy years ago, the University of Idaho established a summer field studies program on 12 acres of Idaho Endowment Land in McCall, Idaho. Attending “Forestry Camp” on the magnificent shores of Payette Lake was an academic highlight for generations of natural resources students, truly defining the concept of experiential learning.
In summer 2018—for the first time in 30 years—CNR aims to continue that legacy by offering over-the-summer, extended stay courses at the McCall campus.
Your gift will:
- Help bring back this premier summer program to the College of Natural Resources
- Give students a hands-on educational experience that will be a highlight of their undergraduate years
- Be doubled by a matching gift! Tom ’59, and Teita Reveley will generously match the first $3,000 donated to McCall Summer Field Camp.
CNR Excellence Fund
The Excellence Fund plays a vital role in helping our students meet their educational goals, gain real-world experience and develop their leadership skills. It is essential in being able to support students at the one-on-one level, particularly students who do not have the financial means to participate in CNR experiences that lie beyond the scope of tuition costs.
- Undergraduate leadership training opportunities and travel
- Student research opportunities
- Field work with landowners, industries, agencies and nonprofits
- Technology and facility improvements that enhance learning environments
Student Scholarship Fund
Scholarships for students in CNR provide necessary funds to our undergraduate students, many of whom would be unable to attend U of I otherwise. Students are automatically considered for scholarships based on criteria such as GPA, major and other qualifiers like financial need. A gift to the College of Natural Resources Scholarship Fund will provide much needed support for college students on their journey through higher education.